Rosenberg’s 12 Easy Steps You Can Take
To Reduce Global Warming
Global warming is a reality, and is happening even faster than the “experts” predicted. Global warming, unless reversed, will change our planet and will eventually make some species – perhaps even man – extinct.
We all need to be part of the solution. Here are 12 easy steps almost everyone can take to make a difference:
- Recycle paper, aluminum cans and glass.
- Switch off all electrical appliances and lights when not in use,
- Conserve water.
- Only open your refrigerator when absolutely necessary.
- Replace at least three incandescent bulbs with compact fluorescent ones.
- Use reusable water bottles instead of throw-away plastic bottles
- Turn down your water heater thermostat at least 10 degrees (set it at 110-120 degrees).
- Weather strip your windows and doors and make sure they are draft free.
- Twice each week, eliminate car trips – use a bike or walk.
- Plant at least one tree each year.
- Shop using cloth tote bags, rather than the market’s plastic and paper bags.
- Wash your clothes with cold water, and hang them up to dry whenever possible.